Campus Advantage “Future Lives Here Scholarship” Contest
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED ONLY FOR ENTRY IN ANY OF THE FIFTY (50) STATES OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND RESIDE WITHIN ONE OF THE FIFTY STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, CONTESTANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- ELIGIBILITY: The “Future Lives Here Scholarship” Contest (“Contest”) is open only to participants (“Participants”) who: 1) are legal U.S. permanent residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, 2) are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and 3) need to be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in a 2-year college, community college, 4-year college or university, or have graduated in 2022 or 2023. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Campus Advantage (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest, Compliance Sweepstakes Services (“Administrator”) (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) are not eligible to participate.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Contest entry begins at 9:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 6, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 1, 2024 (“Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Participants can enter the Contest by visiting www.futureliveshere.com (“Website”) and completing the information required. Participants will need to select and respond to three (3) of the six (6) prompts: a) “How has (or will) your experience at a student housing community helped you flourish socially?”, b) “How has (or will) your experience at a student housing community helped you grow professionally”, c) “How has (or will) your experience at a student housing community helped you succeed academically?”, d) What’s one goal you have for the upcoming year, and how can your student housing community help you accomplish this?, e) What does the idea of “home” mean to you? How has (or might) that change while living in a student housing community?, and, f) What does “The Future Lives Here” mean to you, and how has living at a Campus Advantage community prepared you for that future? The Participant can answer the selected three (3) responses (cumulatively, the “Essay”) in any of the following media formats: a) Written response – Must be 350 words or less per each response, b) Video response – Must be less than 3 minutes per each response, or c) Audio response – Must be less than 3 minutes per each response. Any Video or Audio response must be uploaded to the Website by the Participant. Participants will need to fully complete the registration page and provide the following information: first name, last name, property residence/unit number/dates of residence (if applicable), date of birth, phone number, email address, and academic status/background. All entries must be submitted during the Entry Period.Limit one (1) entry per Participant during the entire Entry Period. All required information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of a Participant that uses multiple / different addresses, identities, or any other methods, or who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with, influence or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Contest. Proof of entering information is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of an entry. Released Parties are not responsible for: lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, damaged, delayed, garbled, undelivered, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor (or its designee) will be reviewing all Essay submissions.
- ESSAY REQUIREMENTS: By entering this Contest, Participants agree that each Essay entry, becomes the property of Sponsor and that the Sponsor may use such Essay submission for any proper purpose. Any personally identifiable Participant information collected during the participation in this Contest will be collected by Sponsor and used by Sponsor, their respective affiliates, agents and marketers for purposes of the proper administration and fulfillment of the Contest as described in these Official Rules. Each Essay must be in English.Each Essay, and the components thereof, must be the original work of the Participant, may not have been previously published, must not be awaiting publication, may not be submitted for publication consideration during the Contest, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity and must have been created in a legal and safe manner. An original is the product of one’s own mind and is not a copy or imitation.To the best of Participant’s knowledge and belief, its Essay submission is truthful. Participant further agrees and warrants that he/she shall not knowingly enter any Essay submission that (a) is false, inaccurate, or misleading; (b) violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising); (c) violates the rights of any third party including without limitation intellectual property rights and (d) is or may reasonably be considered defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation. Should any Essay submission violate these restrictions, such submission will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win. In such event, Sponsor further reserves the right to take any necessary actions so as to protect their respective legal rights.
Submitted Essay responses may not contain any of the following: i) Any other person other than the Participant; ii) trademarks, trade names, commercial product brands, designer insignia, logos, phone numbers, website links, street addresses, e-mail addresses, license plate numbers, likeness of any person (living or dead), copyrighted works, or other content created or owned by any person or entity other than Participant (or Sponsor); iii) Materials which contain profanities, vulgar language, lewd behavior, or are otherwise obscene or inappropriate for a general audience; iv) Materials which contain any depiction of real or simulated sexual acts; v) Materials which contain extensive or gratuitous violence; vi) Materials which depict illegal acts; vii) Materials which contain unsafe actions, or use of fire or other materials that may result in personal injury or destruction of property; viii) Materials which violate anyone’s privacy rights, violate any confidentiality or employment agreement, or which are defamatory; ix) Materials which are derogatory, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, libelous, or slander the Sponsor, the Falcons, or any affiliated entity or person; x) Materials which promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or are discriminatory based on race, religion, national origin, physical disability, age, gender, or sexual orientation or preference; xi) Materials which contain any computer virus, worm or other harmful computer programming; xii) Materials which do not comport with the Entry requirements; and xiii) Materials which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems to be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Essay it feels is inappropriate in any way.
By entering an Essay, Participant retains the copyright to his or her Essay and irrevocably assigns, conveys and otherwise transfers to Sponsor, its successors, and assigns any and all right, title, and interest in perpetuity throughout the world in and to the Participant’s Essay, including, without limitation, the exclusive right to edit, change, revise, reproduce, display, perform, publish, distribute, license, sublicense, and sell the Essay in whole or in part, and to prepare, use, and exploit derivative works or improvements thereof, in all forms and media now or hereafter known, including material in digital and electronic media, computer, audio and audiovisual versions, and translations and adaptations, all in any language throughout the world and in Sponsor’s sole discretion in perpetuity. Without limiting the foregoing, Participant hereby waives and releases Sponsor, from any and all claims that Participant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on such “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to Sponsor’s exploitation of the Essay without further compensation to Participant of any kind. Participant agrees that email shall satisfy any writing requirement that may apply to the assignment, conveyance, transfer, license, or waiver of any of the aforementioned rights. Participant shall execute and deliver documents supplied by the Sponsor, at Sponsor’s expense, as may be necessary to vest in Sponsor the rights and waivers provided herein. Participant agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor or its affiliates, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Essay, or any derivative works, infringe or violate any of Participant’s rights therein. Participant grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to associate the Essay with Participant’s name, image, likeness, hometown, biographical information, and employer name/city/state, without limitation and without compensation. Participant shall not receive any compensation or credit for Sponsor’s use of entries, other than that disclosed in these Official Rules.
THE CONTENT OF THE ESSAY REPRESENTS THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF SOLELY THE PARTICIPANT WHO HAS PROVIDED THE ESSAY AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS AND/OR OPINIONS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING ESSAYS PRIOR TO POSTING OF SAME. SPONSOR MAY EDIT ESSAYS PRIOR TO POSTING THEM ON ANY WEBSITE OR ELSEWHERE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE CONTEST.
- JUDGING: The determination of a winner will be completed as follows:Each Essay submission will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, whose decisions are final and binding. Each Essay submission will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules (including the Essay requirements) and judged according to the clear relationship between the Essay submission and the following criteria: Creativity and originality of answer (40%), Appropriateness to topic (40%), Clarity of speaking/writing (10%), and Adherence to guidelines (10%). Each Essay submission will, for each of the above-described criteria, be scored by the respective judges with a raw score between 1-5 (with 5 being the highest). The “total score” for each scored Essay submission will be the total score of all of the above criteria (taking into account the above-described “weighting”). The Essay having the highest “total score” will be determined to be the Grand Prize Winner. NOTE: In the event of a tie, an additional judge will score each tied Essay submission (pursuant to the procedures described above) and the Essay submission with the highest total score pursuant to that subsequent scoring will be determined to be the Grand Prize Winner.Sponsor/ shall have no duty or obligation to release results of scoring, identity of judges, or justification of results. Participants agree to abide by Sponsor’s decisions and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding on all Participants.
- GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a $5,000 Scholarship (to be awarded as a check). The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $5,000.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner (a “Prize Winner”) will be contacted on or about April 15, 2024, by the Sponsor and/or Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions will be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Contest. The potential Prize Winner will be notified via telephone and/or email. Upon initial notification and verification of the prize winner, confirmation will be sent to the prize winner via email, or other home delivery service of Sponsor’s choice.
- PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Prize Winner will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity, and W9 (IRS form), and provide proof of identity (collectively, the “Prize Acceptance Release”), and return it within seven (7) days of written notification or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected, time-permitting. If a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within five (5) calendar days from the first notification attempt, if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, and/or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected for the prize at issue. To claim a prize, you will be required to provide your correct full-name, mailing address, date of birth, telephone number and/or e-mail address. The Prize Acceptance Release is subject to verification by Sponsor and all potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.No cash equivalent or substitution of Grand Prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of Grand Prize is permitted. If the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Products or any other element received as a prize may not be resold, auctioned, bartered, or placed into any other unauthorized channels of distribution. Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize. Prize may be fulfilled by a third party. The Sponsor and Released Parties are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest.Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. The stated “ARV” of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor, and any difference in ARV at the time of awarding will not be awarded, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Prize Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number (as the ARV of the prize is equal or greater than $600) before a prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Prize Winner for the total ARV of the respective Prize, as stated above, in the calendar year the prize was won. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
Prize Winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) for any and all public relations, advertising and/or promotional purposes as determined by Sponsor, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), in perpetuity, without notice, consent, review or approval or further compensation. The prize winner understands and agrees that the Prize ceremony may be videotaped/photographed. Rights to any Prize ceremony video/photo belong solely to the Sponsor and can be used in any media at their sole discretion.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Released Parties resulting from Participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty- computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of Website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest. All Essay submissions become the sole property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Participants release Sponsor, Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Participant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, recipient (a) agrees that the Released Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect Essay received prior to cancellation (time permitting). This Contest is offered only in fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and is governed by the laws of the state of Texas. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH, THIS CONTEST SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION THEN EFFECTIVE, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY PARTICIPANT OR NOMINEE WITH REGARD TO THE CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Texas, in the City of Austin, shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any dispute relating to these official rules and for the Contest. If arbitration is prohibited, then and in such event, the courts of the State of Texas, in the City of Austin shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these official rules and/or this Contest. All Participants and Nominees agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts State of Texas, in the City of Austin. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these official rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these official rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these official rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES REQUEST: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a request specifying Official Rules along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by March 1, 2024, and received by March 6, 2024, and mail to: Compliance/“Future Lives Here Scholarship” Sweepstakes Official Rules, Box 469, Stonington, CT 06378.
- WINNER’S LIST REQUEST: To request confirmation of the name and city/state of residence for the prize winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope, by May 20, 2024, to: “Future Lives Here Scholarship” Contest Winners List, Box 469, Stonington, CT 06378. Requests received after May 20, 2024 will not be acknowledged or returned.
- SPONSOR: Campus Advantage 110 Wild Basin Road Suite 365 Austin, TX 78746.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Compliance Sweepstakes Services, Box 469, Stonington, CT 06378.